The Children’s Theatre Company – General Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the Children’s Theatre Company (referred to hereinafter as ‘the CTC’ & incorporates CTC Agency. Changes to these terms and conditions require the written consent of the CTC and its staff.
1. Parent/Guardian where applicable gives consent for applicant(s) to attend and participate accordingly.
2. Workshops’ / Classes’ / Production / Agency (all other) Payment terms: Cheque, Cash, Bank Transfer or online payment via Paypal. An application will only be deemed as valid if accompanied by the relevant payment / transfer of the required deposit/full fees as applicable. A non-refundable deposit of £50.00 per applicant is required to book a workshop/production place – any remaining balance to be settled on or before the first day of the Workshop/Production Rehearsal. Receipt of application and confirmation of deposit or any monies paid (fees for classes) at the time of booking will be confirmed in writing (email / letter) along with details for participation and acceptance of any applicant(s) is not confirmed until such confirmation has been sent.
2b. Written confirmation from the CTC (of an application) confirming that an applicant(s) has gained a place establishes a contract and will be deemed legally binding thereof.
2c. Cancellation: One half term’s written notice is required to cancel and withdraw any enrolment/registration. Note that once enrolled on any class for a term this registration will automatically follow through to the next term unless such notice is received and acknowledged accordingly.
3. Uniform: The CTC encourages all participants to wear its Uniform Tees/Polo Shirts to all classes/workshops where applicable or any other relevant event whereby to represent the company. Orders with payment for any Class Uniform must be placed by the end of the participant’s first half term.
4. The CTC reserves the right to make changes to times/dates of workshops/classes/events/rehearsals. Such changes shall only occur if deemed absolutely necessary due to circumstances out of the CTC’s control and no other course of action can be taken.
5. Participants whom engage in CTC activities do so at their own risk and are obligated to inform the CTC and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
6. The CTC cannot accept liability for loss or damage to belongings of participants and/or visiting persons.
7. Any personal information provided to CTC will be ‘processed’ in accordance with the terms defined in the Data Protection Act 1988. Such information shall be for the purposes of administration, research, the provision of performance (public or otherwise in drama, singing, movement and dance). The CTC may use this information for its own marketing purposes. Further, the CTC recognises the need to ensure the welfare and safety of all young people in performance related activity therefore will take all the necessary steps to ensure any images taken will be used solely for the purposes they are intended and by submitting an application you agree the named applicant(s) may engage in photography and video for the CTC’s online and physical promotional/marketing purposes.
8. You agree to abide by any additional restrictions displayed on the company website, as images and text may be updated from time to time. More specifically the CTC website including all materials, is copyrighted and protected by worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. Accordingly any unauthorised use and/or copying of materials is strictly forbidden. Furthermore this website, its pages, documents and all related information is provided by the CTC and may be used for information purposes only. By using the site or downloading allowable materials you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth above in this notice. If you do not agree to abide by these terms and conditions, do not use this site or download materials from this site. Any such use is unauthorised.
9. Agency: The CTC Agency currently acts as a sole representation agency for children/young performers from 3-20 years. We actively source professional performance opportunities for registered children/young performers and The CTC are also sourced for such opportunities by representatives of various personnel to include TV/Film/Commercials/Theatre/Radio casting directors and other related organisations/personnel. Under our sole representation terms the CTC shall negotiate all contract terms to include all fees payable; where such opportunities as a result progress to a paid contract either through the CTC and/or by any other independent means to include any performance work secured by the represented themselves, the CTC is exclusively entitled to a commission payment of a total sum equal to 20% of the total contract worth, throughout the term of the contract to include role-on/renewal contracts/buyouts.
Fees payable: Any child/young performer accepted onto our agency; fees payable to Spotlight amount to an annual subscription fee, for inclusion in the Spotlight Directory (optional), the UK’s professional performer’s directory, currently £98.00 per annum and in addition an annual CTC agency membership fee of £30.00.
By submitting an application form online, by post or by hand to the CTC you are deemed to consent to all the above terms & conditions.
We reserve the right to negotiate with the structure of these Terms and Conditions.